The four versions of the Scarlet Spider in the main Marvel Universe. Counter-clockwise from top left:
Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider on the cover of Web of Scarlet Spider #1, art by Steven Butler
Fictional character biography
Benjamin "Ben" Reilly, the first major version of the Scarlet Spider, is a clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He first appeared as the Scarlet Spider in Web of Spider-Man #118 (Nov 1994).
Peter Parker was forced to use the Scarlet Spider identity due to all of his Spider-Man costumes being ruined to continue his superheroic activities, while Ben Reilly pretended to be the former in prison.[volume & issue needed]
Joe Wade is the only character to operate as a villain under the Scarlet Spider alias. An undercover FBI agent assigned to investigate the second Doctor Octopus, However, the villain discovers Joe and traps his body in a virtual reality chamber before using his thoughts to power a hard-light holographic duplicate of Ben Reilly to tarnish his name. Despite this, Joe is unable to stop himself from committing acts of violence. When the real Ben Reilly attacks Doctor Octopus' lair, he damages the machine while Joe is still inside,  turning Joe into a mechanized version of the Scarlet Spider with superhuman strength and speed, claws on his fingertips, the ability to fire webbing from his wrists, crawl up walls, and fire laser "stingers" from his eyes. After he goes on a rampage, Ben Reilly joins forces with the New Warriors to stop the cybernetic Scarlet Spider before the FBI put him in custody so Joe can undergo medical treatment to remove the technology.
Scarlet Spiders (Red Team)
Kaine Parker, a clone of Spider-Man also created by the Jackal, is the fifth major version of the Scarlet Spider.
In the alternate future MC2, Felicity Hardy, daughter of Felicia Hardy and Flash Thompson, adopts the Scarlet Spider identity to irritate her mother. She attempts to convince Spider-Girl to take her on as a sidekick, but the latter refuses. Undeterred, she continues to fight crime until several near-death experiences cause her to give up the identity. Although she has no actual powers, she is skilled in martial arts and gymnastics and utilizes an array of spider-themed weaponry.
In other media
- A shadowed version of the Scarlet Spider cameos in the 1990s Fantastic Four animated series.
- The Ben Reilly incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.
- FBI agent Joe Wade and his partner Stephanie Briggs made a brief appearance in The Spectacular Spider-Man, appearing in the second season episode "Shear Strength". In a change from their comic appearances, Wade was depicted as being African American, and Briggs as Caucasian.
- Two versions of the Scarlet Spider appear in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series. The first version is Flash Thompson using a wannabe superhero identity in Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors. The second version is a recurring character in the fourth season, Ultimate Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six, and is a hybridization of Ben Reilly's loyalty and dedication, and Kaine Parker's original comics suit and personality.
- The Ben Reilly incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears as an alternate costume for Spider-Man (Peter Parker) in the 2000 Spider-Man video game, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.
- The Ben Reilly incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears as a playable character in Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, voiced by Chris Cox.
- The Kaine Parker incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears as alternate costume for Spider-Man (Peter Parker) in The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video games.
- The Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, Jon Wade, and Felicity Hardy incarnations of the Scarlet Spider appear as playable characters in Spider-Man Unlimited.
- The Ben Reilly incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears as a playable character in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.
- The Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker incarnations of the Scarlet Spider appear as alternate costumes for Spider-Man (Peter Parker) in the 2018 Spider-Man video game.
- The Ben Reilly incarnation of the Scarlet Spider appears as a playable character in Marvel Future Fight.
- The Amazing Scarlet Spider
- Scarlet Spider (volumes 1 and 2 of the series)
- The Spectacular Scarlet Spider
- Web of Scarlet Spider
- The Amazing Spider-Man #149-151
- Brevoort, Tom; DeFalco, Tom; Manning, Matthew K.; Sanderson, Peter; Wiacek, Win (2017). Marvel Year By Year: A Visual History. DK Publishing. p. 271. ISBN 978-1465455505.
- The Spectacular Scarlet Spider #1
- Scarlet Spider #2
- The Spectacular Scarlet Spider #2
- Web of Scarlet Spider #3
- New Warriors #67
- Web of Scarlet Spider #4
- Spider-Girl #45-46 (June 2002)
- Spider-Gwen (vol. 2) #13
- "The Scarlet Spider's '90s Animated Debut Wasn't in an Episode of Spider-Man" - CBR.com
- "Hydra Attacks Pt. 2". Ultimate Spider-Man. Season 4. Episode 2. February 21, 2016. Disney XD.
- "Scarlet Spider Costume Announced For The Amazing Spider-Man". Just Push Start. 23 June 2012.
Pour accéder à la version originale de cet article ou pour participer à Wikipédia, il sous suffit de suivre ce lien
An article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, distributed under GFDL (authors)
To view the original version of this article or to improve Wikipedia, just follow this link
|L'encyclopédie des comics en version française||
© 1998-2006 Howard Drake & Michel Racaud