This article does not cite any sources. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ganglords of Chinatown first issue
|No. of issues||Volume 1 Issue # 5|
Volume 2 Issue # 8
Ruule is a crime comic published by Beckett Comics through Image Comics. The plotlines are based on stories from the Bible. As of March 2006, both published volumes have drawn from the Book of Judges. Volume 1, Ganglords of Chinatown, retells the story of Gideon, and Volume 2, Kiss & Tell, retells the story of Samson.
Vol.1: Ganglords of Chinatown
- A futuristic Chinatown in San Francisco has been overwhelmed by vicious biker gangs service of the Mighty Baal. One man named Gid is chosen to lead his people to freedom, but the price of victory is more costly than blood and darker than war.
Vol.2: Kiss and Tell
- Writer: Jeff Amano
- Art: Craig Rousseau
- Colorist: Giulia Brusco
Classic Noir style mob story, wherein a young rising thug is given a chance to rise to power. His secret is that if he, or anyone else cuts off his hair, his abnormally high strength will go away. When he proposes to the young daughter of a local mob boss, her father asks for 200 suits that have to come from tough guys of a rival criminal faction. Arriving with the fully clothed bodies of 200 tough guys, Sam points out that the girl's father never asked for the suits to be empty. These are two of the clearest signals to bible savvy readers that this is a modern allegory to the tale of Samson and Delilah.
- Issue # 8
- Ganglords of Chinatown, at Image Comics
- Review of Ganglords of Chinatown at Comics Bulletin
- Review of Ganglords of Chinatown at IGN
- Review of Kiss and Tell at Comics Bulletin
|This Image Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Pour accéder à la version originale de cet article ou pour participer à Wikipédia, il sous suffit de suivre ce lien
An article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, distributed under GFDL (authors)
To view the original version of this article or to improve Wikipedia, just follow this link