Empire of the Dead
|Empire of the Dead|
Cover of the first issue
|Publication date||January 2014|
|No. of issues||15|
|Created by||George A. Romero|
|Written by||George A. Romero|
|Artist(s)||Alex Maleev (Act One) |
Dalibor Talajic (Act Two)
Andrea Mutti (Act Three)
|Empire of the Dead: Act One||ISBN 0785185178|
It is written by George A. Romero, his second comic after "The Death of Death", a mini-series he wrote for the DC Comics anthology Toe Tags in 2004 and 2005. Empire features zombies similar to those in his Living Dead series of films. One way the series departs from his films is that vampires are also part of the story.
The series was announced in October 2013, as a 15-issue miniseries, split between three 5-issue acts. Act One launched in January 2014, with art by Alex Maleev, and ended in June 2014. Act Two, which featured art by Dalibor Talajic, began in September 2014 and ended in January 2015. The final act, Act Three, features art by Andrea Mutti and began in April 2015 and ended in August 2015.
|Title||Material collected||Released||Softcover ISBN|
|Empire of the Dead: Act One||Empire of the Dead: Act One #1-5||August 2014||978-0785185178|
|Empire of the Dead: Act Two||Empire of the Dead: Act Two #1-5||March 2015||978-0785185192|
|Empire of the Dead: Act Three||Empire of the Dead: Act Three #1-5||October 2015||978-0785185208|
In May 2015, it was announced at Cannes that the production company Demarest was developing the comic series in to a TV series. The series was going to be written and executive produced by Romero and Peter Grunwald. Demarest executives Sam Englebardt and William D. Johnson would of also executive produced. In November 2015, AMC acquired the TV rights on the series. Since then, there has been no further announcements.
- Smith, Zack (22 October 2013). "ROMERO Zombies Don't Run in Marvel's EMPIRE OF THE DEAD". Newsarama. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- "C2E2: Romero Directs "Empire of the Dead" into "Act Two"". Comic Book Resources. April 27, 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- "Marvel Comics Full APRIL 2015 SOLICITATIONS". Newsarama.com. 19 January 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- "Marvel Comics Full August 2015 Solicitations". Newsarama.com. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- McNary, Dave (May 21, 2015). "Cannes: George A. Romero's 'Empire of the Dead' Set for TV Series". Variety.
- Barkan, Jonathan (November 9, 2015). "George Romero's "Empire of the Dead" Confirmed For AMC". BD.
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act One at Marvel.com
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act Two at Marvel.com
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act Three at Marvel.com
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead at the Grand Comics Database
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead, Act Two at the Grand Comics Database
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act One at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act Two at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
Pour accéder à la version originale de cet article ou pour participer à Wikipédia, il sous suffit de suivre ce lien
An article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, distributed under GFDL (authors)
To view the original version of this article or to improve Wikipedia, just follow this link